CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

London, ENGLAND

The last place we visited was London, England.  So much fun- and it was so wonderful to be in a place where everyone spoke ENGLISH!!! haha- I never realized what a blessing it is just to be able to understand what the people around you are saying.  True- they have lots of different words for things...like lift(elevator), biscuit(cookie), chips(french fries), crisps(chips), spend a penny(use the restroom) but we got used to it! It was great fun. Here's some of my favorite pictures from London......


Me, Jenessa and Brooke in front of Buckingham Palace
We walked through a beautiful park on our way to Buckingham Palace and it was filled with all kinds of surprises including this darling little cottage that looked like it belonged in a Snow White movie.
Can't leave London without a photo inside one of their famous telephone booths.
We payed a visit to Kings Cross Station and found Platform 9 3/4.  SO COOL! Haha- I cannot even describe to you how excited we were- we were literally jumping up and down with excitement.  Yay for Harry Potter nerds. :)
I even found out I am part wizard cause my hand went through the wall but I couldn't get the rest of the way through so I must be mostly muggle. :(
The London Temple. So beautiful.
I really really really REALLY hate pigeons. The nasty things were EVERYWHERE. I didn't know which was more disgusting. The fact that there were a billion of them, or the fact that there was actually a designated spot for feeding them. 
London bridges falling down, falling down, falling down.....
We got to go to the Tower of London or Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress.....it started out as the White tower which was built by William the Conqueror in 1078.  We got to see the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom, dungeons, and all kinds of other things on our tour.  So cool- I could have spent an entire day exploring the fortress!
I really don't know how they just STAND there for hours and hours without moving! It's incredible. One of the guys in our group tried to get him to laugh and he wouldn't even crack a smile.  They sure are good at their job!

On the last night, a group of like 30 of us went to see WICKED!!! It's my favorite musical and I was excited to experience London's Broadway.  It was cool seeing the musical in British accents.  And can I just say that our Fiyero was absolutely GORGEOUS and when he spoke and sang, all of us girls (28 of the 30 were girls) about DIED. 

So excited to go into the theater.
Jenessa and I are such nerds. 

0 comments: